When the weather is extremely hot and dry, it can lead to minor or severe health issue that makes you uncomfortable. Symptoms such as itchy eyes and skin, cracked lips and skin; even static shock around the home are caused by dry condition. Fortunately, there is an artificial way to moisturize the air around you. This can be done through the use of an electrical appliance called a humidifier. Based on this, the Honeywell HCM350W Germ Free Cool Mist Humidifier is a good choice to make because in addition to humidifying, it makes the air cool and germ free.
Honeywell HCM350W Description
The Honeywell HCM350W humidifies through the use of a patented Ultra-Violet light technology to kill up to 99.9% of bacteria, mold, fungus, and virus in the unit’s water before emission. This provides the assurance that the moisture the humidifier emits is virtually free of germs and its ideal for medium sized rooms. Mores so, as a portable unit, provides easy access to removing and filling of the water tank.
- Quietcare technology: it has been designed in such a way as to dampen noise produced while unit is working.
- It functions on 3 speed setting (High, medium and low) moisture output which enables you select the one that best suits your immediate needs.
- It is guaranteed to run for 24hours unceasing on a single water tank refill. But this is more guaranteed on low speed setting. (Water gallon is one liter capacity)
- It uses Wick filters treated with Protec Antimicrobial for 99.9% Germ Free Mist.
- The humidifier also kills up to 99.9% of bacteria, mold & spores in water with patented germ killing chamber technology
- The unit is durable with Break resistant and dishwasher safe water tank.
- HAC-504AW & automatic moisture balance system
- The device has a simple working mechanism and it is easy to set up and use
- It is very simple to disassemble and convenient to clean.
- This is a humidifier that works quietly without producing much noise.
- The tank handle is easy to grip. So they are less chances of it falling while refilling, but if it did, the material is very durable to withstand the fall unscathed.
- It has a sleek design and can easily fit in anywhere in your home.
They are complaints about the filter growing mold and mildew badly if you don’t pay attention to it. I think this is manageable with frequent care and cleaning. However, you will be replacing your filter fairly often for this reason. You should therefore consider this added expense if you are comparing the cost of this unit to another.
Also, complains about the replacement filters being expensive and may run into cost greater than the purchase price subsequently.
The Honeywell HCM350W humidifier is one of the cheapest in the market, plus it designed with self-cleaning mechanism to keep the water being dispersed in the air germ free. The only problem seems to be with the cost of filter replacement. But with detailed maintenance and care, this item should last you longer before needing major changes.