Here is a list of best humidifier for dry skin that may interest you this winter. I’ve been in the humidity field for over 5 years, reviewed and recommended good products for people who request for help. Yet am still capable of doing what I know how to do best. However, in this post, I will be showing you some best rated dry skin humidifiers you can consider to prevents you from dry skin condition. Our previous post on humidifier for sinus problem is also available for those looking for sinus reliever humidifiers.
Winter month is a period of dry cold air. The dry air can be discomforting especially after drying out your skin. Your skin thus loses moisture, looking wrinkle and unattractive.
If you are popular figure that appears on media always, you would like to retain your glowing skin during the winter which I think is best for your career and every other person inclusive. The way forward to having maintained the moisture in your skin is by getting a humidifier for skin. In view of problems such as dry skin in dry winter, we’ve researched and compiled a list of humidifier that can moisturize dry air.
Top 5 Best Humidifier For Dry Skin Reviews
Traotronics TT-AH009 hits the number one spot for best humidifier for skin reviews but doesn’t mean, it is the best unit here so far. All the same, the unit is great for bedrooms and most essentially baby’s room to alleviate dryness from the air. The cool mist device is also ideal for office use in order to keep the environment moist when necessary. So I hereby consent that this product isn’t effective for bigger rooms or spaces for better result and efficiency. You can rely on the 2 liter tank unit to deliver the cool mist up to 24 hours as even as little it is.
I love the humidifier most because it’s a hassle free unit when it comes to refilling and cleaning. Also, with quiet and peaceful operation, serenity is achieved in rooms where the TT-AH009 is being used. In addition, feature a rotating nozzle letting you have the mist all through your room/office space. More so, with one touch control, operating this first choice dry skin humidifier is a reason to consider it. However, I have also listed the feature so that you can better understand what makes the unit a desire one.
My second pick on the list of humidifier to consider for skin moisture improvement come the Honeywell Quietcare unit. Just like the first unit discussed, it is small and portable but bigger than the former. However, it won’t take much of space making it ideal for households with little spaces. The HCM-630 model allow for easy movement as it is not bulky or heavy.
With this Honeywell unit, you can take advantage of humidifying a space area amounting to 1050 square feet from a compact unit. You will not only add moisture to a greater space but at the same time get peace of mind without producing sound that may get you pissed off.
What’ more to know? It is equipped with 3 gallon water holding capacity reservoir that last for a whole day. Most note worthy, feature 3 moisture settings to achieve the best of humidity result according to your need and also treated filter that prevents molds, algae, fungus, bacteria etc. to protect your health.
For a whole house need, trying to combat dry skin challenge in the winter, consider checking out for my third list unit which is the AIRCARE EP9 800. The EP9 has the capacity to power spaces measuring 2,400 square feet making it ideal for whole house or larger space humidification. Although, most unit for whole house require installation but not so with this Aircare 800 unit as it come in a console-style designed. Meaning no installation needed, out of the box with little check and ready for use.
One reason I will recommend this unit for as many as possible, it is because of the digital humidistat it has that helps you control desire level of humidity without you doing it yourself. By so doing, you have accurate home humidity level. It also features digital display, where you can view settings and condition of the air in your house.
Although, the side might be a little bit big viewing by sight but only weight 27 pounds total weight, which I think is not too much to move around the home.
Still on the review list is my next pick for dry skin humidifiers which is the Levoit 6L unit. The Levoit Company designed the unit for large room humidity need.
With its two mist option; you can select either of the warm mist to raise the temperature of air condition of your home if it is too cold or better still, choose the cool mist option to provide you cool moisture air if you seems to be having hot air around.
Lots of features are equipped in this device that I might not quickly describe. For this reason, I will briefly list them below for you to go through for better and well informed products details:
On my review list conclusion feature the Honeywell cool moisture. For those that have been in the humidifier shopping world, should be familiar with this cool moisture model which is from the Honey well brand. It has been around for years, that’s because it has great performance and that’s what kept the unit on the market without losing rank.
This unit is strong and durable and a better way to humidify multiple rooms while relieving your home from dry air discomfort. It is not also expensive and associated with low maintenance compare to other units. Check out the following features of in-depth knowledge of the device:
Effect of Low Humidity or Dry Air on Your Skin
Dry air is a product of low humidity and low humidity levels draws humidity from the top most layer of the skin covering your body causing the skin to dry out. The effect vary from skin roughness down to flaking and sometimes cracking of the skin. The consequences of dry air is not only concerned to skin, generally we’ve recorded some effects of dry air on the body system:
- Moisture leaving the skin can result to irritating skin and itching of the eyes.
- Inhaling dry air can cause deadly respiratory health condition such as sinusitis, nose bleeding, bronchitis and asthma.
- Low humidity leads to body fluid dehydration especially in winter known for high depletion of water during respiration.
- A reduced humidity environment is characterized with static electricity that usually manifest in form of shock during laundry or when you get in contact with metal as a result of low moisture.
Also note, people feel colder in low humidity levels because apparent temperature of the air is lower compared to the one that’ll be display on a thermometer when you measure it – this is more pronounce in winter!
How to Remedy Dry Air in the Home
Seeing that the problems mentioned above can be worrisome and devastating – what you can do is to increase indoor moisture to 30 – 50 % RH levels. Between these ranges you’ll be free from air dryness and other factors that accompanied it.
Nevertheless, a high amount of it can be another reason for mold, bacteria and other similar agents to start growing. In as much you want to increase the level, you have to be cautious keeping it moderately.
To adding moisture to the air, there many different ways to go about it listed below:
- Steam generators
- Hanging of wet clothes or towel
- Place water bowls in different section of the home
However among the method of humidification, a humidifier is seen to be faster and proven more efficiently. For instance, if your home air is very dry, you need a faster humidifying solution than placing a water pan that will take a longer time for water to start evaporating.
How to Choose the Best Humidifier for Dry Air
Humidifiers is an appliance for increasing moisture. It exist in several form and mist type. For you to choose wisely, you’ve to understand this appliance with proper budget planning.
Types of Humidifier for Dry Skin
There are two basic categories of humidifiers such as the whole house and the single room models.
- Whole house system are designed with power to cover an entire house with humidity. This exist in two – console model have castors for transporting them while the other is the whole house furnace system that needs to be connected to home heating furnace. Console model are standalone and mobile while the furnace types are permanently installed in one place – you can’t move them after the installation.
- Single rooms humidifiers on the other hand are more convenient but restricted to one room used at a time. Since they’re smaller compared to the console whole humidifiers, you can easily move them. They also fit into tight spaces making them best for small bedrooms used.
While you might be pondering on which is best between the categories, your space should determine it. If you’re to add humidity to a single room, you don’t need a whole-house device. Single room unit is the ideal and for an entire house coverage, room sized units shouldn’t be considered likewise.
Types of Humidifier Mist
This home appliance can either be a cool mist or warm mist. Some model can be a dual mist – Means a single unit having the capacity to release two mist form just like the Levoit warm/cool mist discussed on the review section.
- What are cool mist humidifiers? This technology don’t heat water as such they are able to give out cool moisture. Cool mist is more suitable for dry skin because of the cool nature of the air that moisturizes the skin.
- What are warm mist humidifiers? They produce warm mist due to the heating element in them – they work by boiling water and cooling the mist down before providing it as steam mist. Family with kids are advised not to use this model around baby’s because they tendency of hotter mist emission. But if you intend using it, ensure you place it far from children reach to avoid burns disaster.
How To Choose The Right Humidifier for Dry Air
We don’t what to bored you with unnecessary lengthy writes up, we’ve listed these vital features to help you in order to pick a humidifier to combat dry skin.
- Calculate the coverage area of your house in square feet.
- Decide if you want a single or whole house device
- Choose the humidifier that can deliver the mist you want (warm or cool mist)
- Check for unit with automatic humidity control such as digital humidistat
- Choose a unit with auto shut off, full tank indicator and noiseless model
- Check for back warranty (a product with 2 years warranty is a god choice to consider)
Cleaning Your Humidifier Is Key
Your objective is to keep your skin free from dry air. But also know dirty mist containing bacteria can cause skin problem such eczema, itchy skin and others. We know you don’t want to experience these problems, so you need to keep your appliance clean always.
A weekly routine cleaning is very important especially if you’re using the ultrasonic cool mist models. Using vinegar and warm water is enough for the job to be done. In addition, for evaporative models with filters – you’ve to change the filter system regularly following the manufacturer recommendation.
Always have it in mind, indoor humidity level should not be below or above 30 to 50 percent. A shift is liable to cause problems which the skin is one the first part of the body to suffer.
Like I said before, my aim is to show you my top best pick for dry skin humidifiers and that I have done showing my dry skin humidifier reviews so that you can make the best selection and choice. However, I hope I was able to meet your demand to extend with the selected products and if so be it, share my views with your social audience who may need humidifier this winter.