There is always a problem of difficult breath in homes where space heaters, furnace system are used constantly. The winter season is also a major player while people find it difficult in respiration. If you fall into these categories, you’ll find a cool mist humidifier beneficial. Cool mist released from this unit neutralizes the effect of dry air by moisturizing the atmosphere. However, you can count on a humidifier that delivers cool mist for those battling with dry eyes, home hotness, and so on. For this reason, my discussion on best cool mist humidifiers is here to help you to pick the right unit while considering other aspect of coolmist humidifiers.
What is cool mist humidifier?
Coolmist units are designed to provide only cool moisture into the air. The mist released is not too cold but usually at room temperature. However, there are two kinds of cool mist humidifiers such as the evaporative and ultrasonic ones. The two types create cool mist but work differently.
The evaporative models have fans and wick filters. The unit uses fan to blow water over the wick thereby converting into cool mist. On the other hand, ultrasonic ones works by vibration technology breaking down water molecules into tiny droplets of water resulting into cool mist.
Evaporative vs. Ultrasonic differences
- Ultrasonic runs more quietly compare to the evaporative models.
- Some ultrasonic units are known to disperse mineral particles while evaporative do not.
- Evaporative humidifiers only exist in cool mist form while the ultrasonic exist in both warm mist and cool mist. You can check some of the best ultrasonic warm mist units here
The Benefits of Cool Mist Humidifier
- Uses less energy compare to warm mist units since there is no heating element in them.
- Very affordable because they have no heating element that makes warm mist models to be expensive.
- They are small and portable for easy mobility.
- Deliver cool air friendly to children and as such seen among parents are best for kids.
Drawback of cool mist unit
- Require regular cleaning.
- The evaporative ones require regular filter replacement.
- Mold and bacteria can develop in cool mist unit when they are not maintain properly.
So if you decide to settle down for a cool mist humidifier this season after reading the above details, then the cool mist reviews below will be helpful choosing the appropriate unit.
The Best Cool Mist Humidifier Comparison Guide
Roolen BR01/W Humidifier
• Single room
• 8.5 ratings
Safety 1st Ultrasonic 360 Degree Humidifier
• Single room
• 8.3 rating
AIRCARE MA1201 Whole-House
• Whole house/single room use
• 9.5 ratings
• Single room
• 9.2 ratings
Optimus U-31001 1.5-Gallon
• Single room
• 8.5 ratings
5 Best Cool Mist Humidifier Reviews
1. Roolen BR01/W Cool Mist Humidifier
Everything expected in a pure cool mist humidifier is readily available in the Roolen unit. From auto mode humidity control down to empty tank shut off, you can beckon on this cool mist.
Most importantly, this cool mist unit is perfect for people living in large bedrooms or spaces ranging up to 400 square feet.
Also, the cool mist Roolen is designed to consume lesser electricity not like most competitive products that double up monthly energy bills.
To sum it up, feature one-touch button operation and the device starts working. Furthermore, one of the cheapest cool mist humidification device so that every family can have theirs.
- Enjoy balance humidity via self automatic humidity control.
- Two speed technology to select.
- Spacing tabletop design.
- Looks great and very super quiet.
- Covers up to 400 sq. feet.
- Has a night light indicator.
- Mist produced helps suppress dry skin, throat, sinus, nose irritation, bloody and more.
2. Safety 1st Ultrasonic 360 Degree Humidifier
The safety 1st is an ultrasonic cool mist humidifier that distributes cool mist air into your room, thanks to its double 360 degree mist outlet that does it. Most relevantly no time to waste washing or replacing filter because this unit doesn’t use filter in its operation. Also, with this product, you will enjoy cool moisture air without noise creation.
However, I recommend the Safety first as my best quiet coolmist humidifier in this review list because of its quietness.
In addition, this product runs for 12 hours and also turns off when water level is low.
- Has two rotating mist outlet
- Handle for easy carrying
- Variable mist control and quiet operation
- 12 hours run time automatic shut off
- Ideal for small room size
- It does not use filter
3. AIRCARE MA1201 Console Style Evaporative Humidifier
To ensure you have different sizes of cool mist humidifier to choose from that meet different coverage needs, makes me to add this Aircare Ma1202 into the cool mist reviews discussion. This particular unit is manufactured for a whole house humidification and covers homes up to 3,600 feet.
More so, the aircare product spreads evaporative mist and its mode of working is different from the rest of the unit discussed on this page. Evaporative humidifiers use fan and wick in moisture delivering. This makes them one of the cheapest and lowest cost maintaining units ever on the market.
The console designed coolmist provides self regulated humidity level making sure you have the right humidity at a particulars period. However, the worry of too humid or low humid environment is eliminated. Thanks to the digital humidistat that helps achieve accurate home humidity comfort. Furthermore, the aircare feature automatic shut off. This means as its working, once it senses desired humidity level is reached or there is no more water to be use, the console unit turns off immediately to keep unit safe. This also saves you energy cost.
The easy to clean device wick filters readily removes unwanted mineral particles from water thereby providing bacteria and germs free cool mist air for the entire family. Most relevantly, check out the specification that makes the AIRCARE MA1201 outstanding on the discussion list
- Deliver evaporative cool mist
- For whole house or large room humidity provision (3,600 sq. feet)
- Have a casters wheel for easy transport around the house
- Cheap to maintain and energy cost saving
- Equipped with refill indicator and filter check alert
- Designed in USA but parts are imported
- ETL certified product
- Customize desired humidity setting (4 fan speeds mode available in this unit)
- Self humidity control and auto-off function
- Single bottle design takes up 3.6 liter and runs for up to 36 hours
To summarize the MA1201 aircare model, good for whole home humidification, easy to use and affordable. Also comes with automatic features for accurate indoor humidity achievement and also has safety features. However, this product uses wick filters that needs to be changed when due.
3. URPOWER 2nd Version Essential Oil Diffuser and Cool Mist Humidifier
I actually carry out a thorough research while selecting the humidifier that can delivers healthy pure cool mist to soothing dry eyes, chapped lips, skin dryness, etc. So in the course of my ups and down in deciding, I discover the Urpower version. However, i recommend this product for parents as one best cool mist humidifier for baby or congestion.
I don’t want to blow whistle about this product but its better you check out over 29k potential customers reviews about this unit because the 2nd version is every household cool mist product.
Also, one unique thing about the Urpower, it servers two need. It can be use as a diffuser to disperse aroma into the air or as a humidifier to humidify dry indoor air that causes you discomfort. But in the real sense, both works simultaneously. Just add your favorite’s oil to the unit as humidification is taking place to blend into the home atmosphere.
The unit operation is a moment never to miss out. No filter to wash or clean and runs with a reduced decible sound you can ever imagine. Also buying a cool mist humidifier with adjustable mist and safety feature won’t be regretful at all.
To add to the features, the unit comes in small portable size. Just tell me from the image that this unit won’t also compliment your modern home or office settings. Also, while ordinary water is not advisable for most humidifiers on the market. The Urpower essential oil diffuser + humidifier allow the use of ordinary tap water. That’s amazing, no more wasting money purchasing treated or distilled water that add up to humidifier running cost when you purchase this pure ultrasonic cool mist humidifier.
Wait a minute, do you know by adding essential oil when humidifying help alleviates dry chapped lips, skin and also relieves sinuses. The use of essential oil is also beneficial for allergies and asthma patients. So to say, here is the different essential oil to use with this product: peppermint, lavender, patchouli, eucalyptus and tea tree oil and more. Any essential oil can be use with unit as long is 100$% from raw plant materials.
- Have 7 changeable lamp colors
- Programmable on and off night light
- Designed with hard plastic that’s break resistance
- Runs for 6 hours with two mist settings speed
- No filter to clean or replaced
- Whisper with quite sound
- Auto-shut down itself with adjustable mist control
- Provide relieves from dry discomforting air
- Included, adapter and manual user guide
5. Optimus U-31001 1.5-Gallon Cool Mist Ultrasonic Humidifier
To wrap up this cool mist humidifier reviews and discussion, i will further introduce you to optimus ultrasonic unit.
If you’ve suffered extreme static and dry air from winter in the past and you’re looking for a portable humidifier that is affordable and easy to use, end your search with this last unit in this discussion. The unit coming last doesn’t mean the least performing because sometimes people can be biased based on hierarchy. So let your mind set not tends towards that.
However, the transparent tank unit allow you view water level with your bare eyes, although has an automatic function that turn off the Optimus when water is used up. Also the ultrasonic cool mist features adjustable mist controller that let you regulate output level according to home preference.
In addition, with up to one liter water capacity, Optimus will power your room for 18 hours in just one refill while running with whisper operation. More so, you will enjoy cool air everywhere in your bedroom, thanks to the directional mist outlet available in the ultrasonic Optimus U-31001 model
- Has handle for easy carriage
- Long hour’s operation
- Water low shut off and refill indicator
- Doesn’t disturb sleep, operate quietly
- No info about essential oil usage and so should be refrained
So far we have discussed cool mist humidifier, the types, benefits and the drawback. However, I believe you must have been enlightened on what a cool mist humidifier is. If that is true then I’m also convinced you also read through my product reviews consisting the best cool mist units selected by me. Well I actually did this to help as many people looking forward to release cool mist air into their indoor environment. Hence, hope you’ll able to pick one yourself or present as gift to someone this winter via this guide.
Read also, our best humidifier practices and guide here
Have a nice day and thanks once again for reading through this cool mist humidifier guide.