You need a humidifier to keep the air inside your house warm and cozy especially in extreme dry weathers or environment. When the air has lost some of its water content, health issue such as cough, itchy skin, bleeding nose and difficulty in breathing may occur. House items are not left out too, excessive dryness causes wooden items to peel and flake. Static shock from books and cloth materials can also happen.
To prevent these issues springing up, it’s best to invest in a humidifier. Humidifiers are electrical units whose main function is to add moisture to the atmosphere. The Aprilaire 500 Humidifier, 24V Whole House Humidifier is one of the best humidifier out there for your entire home needs and we shall be seeing some of its good points below.
Description and Others
The Aprilaire 500 Humidifier, 24V Whole House Humidifier
is a whole house humidifier meant to be attached to the HVAC system of the home. This is unlike portable units that can only humidify one room at a time. Its benefits include:
- It requires less maintenance and humidifies your entire home at a single set up.
- It draws water from your plumbing system and as such you don’t need to be refilling empty tanks continually like in portable humidifiers.
- They are less expensive to run, very cost effective in the short and long run.
- Noise level from whole house humidifier is extremely low as they are not-in-your-face, unlike portable humidifiers.
Features Of The Aprilaire 500 Humidifier, 24v Whole House Humidifier
The Aprilaire 500 Humidifier whole house unit is designed to effectively humidify the entire building simultaneously. The whole house model is good foher friendly features such as:
- Automatic digital control
- Outdoor sensor
- Water pad Built-in bypass damper
- Water feed rate of 3.0 GPH and an evaporative rate of .5 GPH 5 years limited warranty
- Customers labeled it as an excellent product with good instructions.
- Humidifies excellently with digital control to reduce condensation on the windows, which could eventually lead to mold formation.
- Helps you maintain a constant comfortable humidity throughout the house without having to fill humidifier tanks every day.
- It is fairly difficult to install without the assistance of a technician or HVAC engineer.
- The blue light of th
- The blue light of the Control Panel always stay on. There is no sleep mode for it and this may be a problem for users who don’t like the light ray.
- The unit does not come with a complete installation Kit. You may need to get other components before a successful installation. (The ducting, wire harnesses, screws and water lines for connecting to water source and discharge drain).
- This unit uses lot of water which may invariably increase your water bill overtime.
- You may need to go to your basement area or crawl space to make any adjustments to the humidity setting on this model because the digital display controller is designed to only be duct mounted in a very out of reach location.
For a comprehensive and holistic humidification, the Aprilaire 500 Whole House Humidifier is recommended. It receives over 80% positive reviews on Amazon and backed up by 5 years warranty.