You must have heard about humidifiers some time ago and you are wondering if you really need another over-hyped device acclaimed to keep you healthy. Well yes, you do. A Humidifier is beyond the hype or decorative appeal. It is a device that serves a long time purpose of keeping you healthy and preventing the occurrence of dry air related conditions.
Once you notice itchy eyes, irritated nasal passage, dry skin or even static electric shock, it is a sign that the air around your home is dry and needs to be humidified. Although there are so many humidifiers to select from but I will be reviewing one of the best unit I have researched with an in-depth knowledge. Here comes the Vornado Evap40 4-Gallon Evaporative Humidifier so you can decide if it is best for your home.
Vornado Evapo40 Gallon Review
The vornado is simple and easy tabletop unit with effortless operation. It will serve you evaporative mist when you need the unit the most.
The Evap40 is not pricey and cost effective, that’s why most users like about the 4 gallon water capacity humidity machine.
How does it work?
Vornado Evapo40 uses deep pitch blades to pull large volumes of harsh, dry air through the unit, and then further use Vornado’s signature Vortex Action to circulate the humidified air throughout the room. This provides complete and balanced humidification in spaces up to 1,000 square feet.
The Vornado Evap40 humidifier tank is capable of taking in 4 gallons of water guaranteed to serve uninterrupted for 24 hours.
- Power button, for shutting or putting on the device.
- Two speed settings enables you set the fan speed to High (advisable for larger rooms) Medium (for normal operation) and Low (can be used at night because it produces less noise or for smaller rooms)
- Adjustable humidistat knob is also available on the machine for controlling humidity level.
It is backed by a 5-years limited warranty. You can therefore be sure of assistance when needed.
- The Airlock water tanks are easy-to-fill, spill-proof and leak-free.
- The unit is also easy to clean.
- Because of the large capacity of the tank, you don’t need to keep refilling water between short periods.
- It is simple to operate and humidifies a large area quickly.
- Makes noise, especially when it is set on high.
- It uses wicks and filters because it is an evaporative humidifier and so requires maintenance and replacements.
- The humidistat is not digital but manual and does not automatically regulate the humidity level or shut off when the desired level is reached.
- The design isn’t so modern and decorative, so it may not fit easily into the décor of your home. Replacement wicks and filters may be quite difficult to find for purchase
The Vornado Evap40 4-Gallon Evaporative Humidifier enjoys raving review on Amazon based on its simplicity and efficacy. Although the minor shortcomings of having no digital or automatic features, this unit is a great buy. And it would efficiently humidify the air around your house.